Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It Feels Like Christmas!

The day a shipment of trial plants arrives is as exciting at my house as Christmas morning to a 6-year old! Today is such a day. Santa Rose Gardens in Gulf Breeze, Florida, sent me two grasses (Panicum ‘Northwind’ and Pennisetum alopecuroides), two popular perennials (new varieties: Rudbeckia ‘Goldsturm’ and Coreopsis ‘Jethro Tull’) and a true-and-trusted hen-and-chicks (Sempervivum Hardy Mix).


Here they are:



They arrived in great shape.


Looked better, upon unwrapping, than many others I have received from other sources.


And here they are, refreshed and happy, in the company of two Sedums and an Astilbe.

Today they are resting in the shade. I will plant them tomorrow or Thursday (depending on the weather) and I will let you know from time to time how they are doing.

No comments: