Monday, August 9, 2010

Baptisia, anyone?


This morning, I collected a huge bag of Baptisia seeds, from just one plant. I still have a collection of plants in pots from 2009 seeds, to be planted in a border when the weather gets cooler (will it ever?). Baptisia is a beautiful plant, with gorgeous flowers; its only drawback is that, in typical perennial fashion, it does not bloom long enough. Well, small price to pay for the few weeks' enjoyment -- and all those babies coming along for the future.

3 comments:

Aurealious said...

I would love some! My baptisia only had a few blooms this year, but I would love to have a bank of them. They are so lovely!

~CC Catherine said...

This is fabulous Lya! I love plants that multiply like this! ;)

Lya Sorano said...

Elspeth, I'll be happy to send you some seeds, but where? If you are in the U.S. and will e-mail me (lyasorano@bellsouth.net)your address, I'll mail them. Outside the U.S. will probably not work.

Catherine, I'll give you some seeds next week, along with the dill and cilantro seeds I have for you.