Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June Blooms






These are some of the blooms in my gardent this morning. From top to bottom -- the Monarda never disappoints and I have so many of them now that I have been able to share new plants with friends this year; the Rose Campion is new in my garden - a gift from a friend and neighbor; the Prunella 'Summer Daze' has settled in nicely, after a fairly poor start last year; the Hollyhock has been there 'forever' -- it's a biennial, but don't tell this plant that - this is its fourth year; the Butterfly Weed is another new plant for me - I have about two dezen of them, in 3 different locations and they all look good; last but not least, this Echinacea is from the 'Big Sky' series -- third year in my garden and it is finally coming into its own, with lots of blooms. I may have to move it again, though, as the Sweetshrub behind it has doubled in size since last year and the Japanese Aster next to it is growing rapidly as well. Oh, well - that's gardening, isn't it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like you, I walk in my garden each morning when I can. Yours is lovely in a very different way from mine.

This is the season of colors, pollination, scents of nature. To steal the Christmas holiday song title, this is the most wonderful time of the year for me... from now until the leaves color up and fall. I feel very fortunate to live in goergeous Georgia.

哲維 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.