Saturday, August 30, 2008

Scarecrows

The City of Hoschton (population somewhere in the area of 1,500) is trying to get itself into the Guinness Book of World Records, by assembling 4,000 scarecrows. Since I had planned to go to the Farmers Market there this morning anyway, I decided to take a camera along and snap a few pictures. Of the half dozen or so I took, I like this one the best. What it portrays, I don't know (enlighten me!) - a ghost with a small Christmas stocking in one of its hands. Hmmmm - it must mean something!

1 comment:

anonymouse said...

That reminds me of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas! I love it!

A friend of a friend runs this site: www.pumpkinrot.com that is brimming with these kinds of creations (except his are more on the creepy side of the scale).